Dr. Karen D. Johnson, M.D., ABOIM, IFMCP, is a certified functional medicine and integrative health physician with a versatile expertise combining conventional medical practice, integrative, functional, herbal medicine and nutrition to identify and address the root cause of disease.
Located in the big island of Hawaii, Dr. Johnson offers both phone and online consultation.
My goal is to treat the individual, not the disease to help you obtain optimal health and prevent disease.
Dr. Johnson Medical Specialties & Services
- Bioidentical and thyroid hormone management
- Bone health
- Chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS)
- Chronic pain management and headaches
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Lipid and blood pressure management
- Natural supplements and herbals
- Reversing cognitive decline: Dr. Bredesen Protocol
- Stress and sleep management
Contact Dr. Johnson
- Phone: (808) 657-4841
- Website: Hawaiian Functional Medicine
- Location: Kapaau, Big Island of Hawaii, Hawaii 96755
Dr. Johnson Recent Articles
- The Elimination Diet: The Facts You Need To Know.
- What is CIRS? Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome.
- Dr. Shoemaker’s Protocol: Main Steps & What to Expect.
Dr. Johnson Education, Training, Membership & Certifications
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- IFM Certified Practitioner (IFMCP)
- American board of integrative medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- College of Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson
- Foundations in Herbal Medicine
- Certified in Bredesen Protocol
- Certified in Shoemaker Protocol for Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS)
Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) Coursework
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Biotransformation (formerly Detox) Advanced Practice Module
- Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module
- Energy Advanced Practice Module
- GI Advanced Practice Module
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module
- Immune Advanced Practice Module