Dr. Karyn Shanks, MD, IFMCP, is a certified functional medicine physician who lives and practices in Iowa City. Her work is inspired by the revolutionary science of Functional Medicine, body-mind principles, and wisdom gleaned from the transformational journeys of thousands of clients over her twenty-five year career.
Health and vitality are essential for the highest expression of our human potential, and the bones of our healing are in what we do for ourselves.
Dr. Shanks Medical Specialties & Services
- Autoimmune Disease
- Chronic Fatigue and low energy
- Chronic Illness
- Functional Medicine
- Functional Nutrition
- Ketogenic Diet
- Weight Loss.
Contact Dr. Shanks
- Phone: (319) 358-9510
- Website: karynshanksmd.com
- Location: The Center for Medicine and Healing Arts
610 Eastbury Drive, Suite 5, Iowa City, IA 52245
- The Healthy Keto Diet: How to Sustain Your Energy and Stop Fatigue
- Protecting Your Body and Emotional Wellness from COVID-19
Dr. Shanks Training, Membership & Certifications
- American College of Physicians
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- Author of Heal: A Nine-Stage Roadmap to Recover Energy, Reverse Chronic Illness, and Claim the Potential of a Vibrant New You.
Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) Coursework
- Advanced Clinical Training: Reversing Cognitive Decline
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Biotransformation (formerly Detox) Advanced Practice Module
- Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module
- Energy Advanced Practice Module
- GI Advanced Practice Module
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module
- Immune Advanced Practice Module